There seems no end to the number and variety of innovative real estate photography editing techniques sprouting in the field. In fact, most of these technologies are employed every day for editing real estate photos and enhancing their overall appeal. One of the best technologies that is trending in the field is staging. With this option, the potential buyers will be able to envision their lifestyle in the home or property. Note that the chances of selling a staged property are way higher when compared to a non-staged option. However, the main issues most realtors face here will be whether to go with the traditional staging option or with the virtual one. In order to tackle this issue and choose the right one, you must be well aware of the pros and cons of both these options. For further details, you may refer to the following comparison between traditional and virtual staging.
Traditional staging involves a lot of processes such as de-personalizing, de-cluttering, and customizing. Currently, professionals often employ a number of cost-effective and fast ways to do the necessary editing. An important aspect that can either ruin or make your traditional staging process is the wall colors and decors. In addition, other significant factors in traditional staging include using appropriate art, maintaining optimum brightness, etc. Nowadays, most realtors tend to rent furniture pieces and other decors for a specific time window in order to cut down the expenses.
- The property will be exactly the same as the buyers saw in the images. Hence, they will not be disappointed.
- Buyers can literally envision their future life in that particular property.
- A really expensive and time-consuming process
- The floors or walls of the property can get damaged while shifting or placing different objects.
- Strenuous process
- You will have to pay monthly rents if it takes more time to sell a staged house.
The concept of virtual staging is also the same as that of traditional staging. Nevertheless, the professionals tend to give a digital makeover to the images of the properties rather than doing it in real. After all, the photos of the properties are the first tool that attracts prospective buyers. Furthermore, you can give a virtual tour to the buyers by means of this option.
- No need to stress about the property getting damaged out of moving objects
- Buyers can ask for some changes if required and will get the results instantly
- Can be executed in a short frame of time
- The buyers are more likely to get disappointed since the property will look nothing like the photos
- The chances for the buyers to get the ‘want to buy instantly’ feeling is less in virtual staging when compared to traditional staging.