There can be several unwanted things in your real estate photo, which makes the editing process necessary. It is true that you do not get a perfect picture even if you use the perfect skill, equipment, and settings. Some colors, lighting, shadows can all cause troubles in your real estate photo. However, it is very important to present an excellent photo of real estate to attract buyers. People, before they see the property directly, will look for the high-quality pictures of the same on the web.
Editing real estate photos is undoubtedly necessary to impress the buyers. It helps you to get to an almost perfect photo of the property. However, you have to be careful when you do the editing works using certain applications. The original property must resemble the real estate picture even after the editing works are done. Otherwise, the edited picture can turn out against you making you a deceiver.
Here are some guidelines you have to keep in mind while editing the real estate photos.
What You May Do
- Color Correction: You may do the color correction works as long as it does not differ largely from the original area in the picture. In your picture, there can be so many things that affect the original color of the property. The lighting, camera settings, window tint, weather condition, and other similar things can affect the color in the picture. Color correction helps you in achieving the appropriate color for your property in the picture.
- Cropping: This is also allowed to be done to get the photo framed properly. Sometimes it helps you to focus on something in particular. However, keep in mind that you do not crop out the permanent fixtures in the picture like the electrical posts or towers.
- Image : This helps you to get the required brightness, contrast, white balance, etc. for the picture.
- Vertical Correction: Making your image properly aligned is important and necessary, to have a perfect picture of the property.
- Sky Replacement: if the sky in the original snap is not a clear one, you may replace it with a clear blue sky. It is important in the overall appeal of the picture.
What Not To Do
Removal of Permanent Fixtures: You should be careful not to remove any permanent fixtures appearing in the picture because it may make you responsible for material misrepresentation. You may rather choose to shoot the picture from an angle from which these structures will be concealed.
- Background Change: It is not allowed to change the background completely. If you do this, it will be considered as a misrepresentation of the property.
You may seek the help of professional real estate photo editing services if necessary.